Boarding and Day Care Requirement and Policy:
We require verification that your pet(s) are in good health condition and, to your knowledge, have not shown clinical signs of any communicable disease within the last 14 days. We require that you certify that your pets have neither caused harm to nor shown aggressive or threatening behavior towards people or dogs.
Your dog(s) attendance at the boarding/daycare program involves group play with other dogs.
Although the staff at this facility will closely supervise all participants, you accept that play behavior, unknown or undocumented aggression, or participation in routine daily activities can lead to altercations and/or injuries between participants. You assume the risks and responsibility for the costs to treat any injuries your dog(s) sustains while playing at this facility. You further understand and accept that in the absence of negligence, the owners and staff will not be held liable for any injuries or deaths related to your dog(s) participation in this program.
If at any time Nova Pets Health Center staff observes any signs of aggression or threatening behavior in your dog(s), they will no longer allow group play and from that time forward, will be given individual exercise sessions.
In the event your pet(s) contracts a communicable disease during the time he/she is attending this program, you assume the risks and accept responsibility for the costs for all treatments. You also agree to withhold your pet(s) from this program until he/she has been free of any signs of communicable disease for at least 48 hours. Although risks of acquiring communicable disease are small, you accept them and, in the absence of negligence, agree to hold this facility harmless from expenses incurred for treatment. If your dog is destructive, you are responsible to compensate the cost of repair or replacement, treatment, or safe keeping of your pet, as it is thoroughly understood that you assume all risks. If your pet becomes ill or injured while in the custody on the Nova Pets Health Center, we will call you regarding your pet’s symptoms, treatment options, and estimate of additional costs. If no one can be reached, we will perform the minimal necessary treatments to relieve immediate discomfort or to resolve an important “emergency” medical condition. This includes only non-elective treatments and necessary diagnostics.
Medical Illness Policy:
If your pet becomes ill or injured while in the custody of NOVA Pets Health Center, we will call you regarding your pet’s symptoms, treatment options, and estimates of additional costs. If no one can be reached, we will perform the minimal necessary treatments to relieve immediate discomfort or to resolve an important “emergency” medical condition. This includes only non-elective treatments and necessary diagnostics.
I hereby authorize Dr. S. Masood, DVM, assigned doctors and/or the staff he employs, to administer treatment as he/they consider therapeutically and/or diagnostically necessary on my pet. I also consent to the administration of such anesthetics as are necessary and surgical procedures of an emergency nature.
I have read and understand this agreement. I fully intend to pick up my pet on the above specified date. If circumstances change, I will notify Nova Pets Health Center of a new date. I hereby release Dr. S. Masood, DVM, assigned doctors and/or his staff from all claims, legal or equitable arising out of the treatment rendered by him, and affirm that no guarantee or assurance has been made as to the results that may be obtained.
We do not collect or give out any information to any third party vendors or internet businesses. No information will ever be disclosed to outside parties from us or our web site hosting company.
It’s that simple! And we strictly adhere to this policy.
Nova Pets Health Center recognizes the importance of protecting the personal privacy of its clients, its patients and those individuals who simply visit our site.
Commonwealth Of Virginia Veterinary Disclosure:
Nova Pets Health Center has business and medical staffing hours as follows:
Monday – Friday 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Saturday 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM & 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM*
Sunday: 5:30 PM- 6:00 PM*
*Pick up/drop off only
Therefore, this form is to inform you that we have no in-house, on-duty continuous medical staff care:
Overnight, from 6:00 PM each day to 7:00 AM the next morning.
Holidays that this also applies to include: New Year’s Eve (open half day), New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve (open half day), Christmas Day
In terms of boarding:
Staff members are present every day to feed, walk, and exercise the pets staying with us, regardless of holidays or weekends, although the clinic itself may be closed.
Veterinary Refund Policy:
In the event that a boarder is picked up earlier than expected, or a reservation is paid for and then canceled, a refund will be given for the number of days and the services that were not used. The refund will be given within one business day of when the pet was picked up. Refunds will also be given for day camp or grooming, provided that no services were performed. There are no charges for a canceled reservation, but we greatly appreciate it if notice is given at least two days ahead of time.
If a Member wishes to cancel a Wellness Plan within 4 hospital working days of startup, the membership fee and any other fees paid are refundable, less the undiscounted retail value of any and all services/products provided.
Wellness Plan Terms And Conditions:
2. Automatic Renewal: This Agreement is effective on the Start Date for an initial term of 12 months, and it will automatically renew on the anniversary of the Start Date in each succeeding year for subsequent periods of one year until Member or Provider cancels this agreement as described in Section 6 below. Re-enrollment: After cancellation, Member will have up to 90 days to reinstate the Plan without paying a membership fee. Early Renewal: In certain situations, Plans may be renewed up to 30 days early. When early renewal occurs, Member is responsible for the new renewal Plan Year just as if the Plan had renewed automatically. The new Plan Year will end on the 12-month anniversary of the early renewal date.
3. WP Options: WP Options are select bundles or products and/or services that Member may add to the Core Plan. Addition or removal of WP Options during the Plan Year is will change Member’s monthly/annual payment amounts.
4. Plan Upgrades/Downgrades: Member may elect to upgrade or downgrade the level of the current Plan without paying a new membership fee. The new Plan will have a Start Date and will be in effect for a new 12-month term, with automatic renewals on the anniversary of the Start Date.
5. Payments: Monthly payment installations will be billed directly to Member’s credit card or deducted from Member’s bank account. An overdraft/reprocessing fee of $20.00 will be billed to Member for insufficient funds, over limit status, or any other reason a payment is unable to be processed based on Member’s account. Member is responsible for immediately notifying Provider of any changes in billing information to avoid any payment reprocessing fees.
6. Cancellation: Either Provider or Member may cancel this Agreement at any time, but there may be monies due upon cancellation. Money due by member shall be paid in full at the time of cancellation; Money due by Provider shall be paid within 6 to 8 weeks.
If Member cancels this Agreement for any reason within 4 hospital working days of enrollment, the membership fee and any other fees paid are refundable, less the undiscounted retail value of any and all services/products provided. If Member cancels for any reason (including but not limited to death or loss of pet), whether before or after Provider has rendered services, Provider shall be entitled to retain the entire membership fee. Provider shall also be entitled to retain or recover from Member all monthly installments that have been previously paid or become due, including the installment for the month in which cancellation occurs, regardless of the cancellation request date. In addition, upon cancellation prior to the end of Plan year, if the total undiscounted retail value of Plan services/products provided exceeds the sum of monthly installments collected for that Plan Year, Member shall be obligated to do one of the following:
(a)Immediately pay full retail fees for all services/products provided (with all discounts reversed as if the Plan had not been in effect for the Plan Year) to the extent such fees exceed the total monthly payments received by provider for the Plan Year; OR
(b) Immediately pay the total remaining Plan Year monthly installments in full, if less than the amount described in paragraph (a); OR
(c) Continue making the monthly payments as they become due for the remaining term of the Plan Year in effect.
If Member has paid the full annual fee in advance, upon cancellation by Member, Provider will refund the greater of (a) one-twelfth of the annual fee times the number of full months remaining in the Plan Year or (b) the full annual fee minus the undiscounted retail value of all Plan services/products that have been provided in the Plan Year (with all discounts reversed as if the Plan had not been in effect for the Plan Year).
Cancellation by the Provider: Provider reserves the right to cancel the Plan at any time and for any reason. In the event Provider chooses to cancel the Plan for any reason except Member’s default, Provider will waive any future payments due under the Plan and discharge Member’s obligation under this Agreement in full.
7. Plan Price and Service Changes: The initial price of the Plan is the price in effect at the hospital where the Pet is enrolled. The price of any subsequent renewal Plan is the price in effect at Nova Pets Health Center upon the renewal date. Provider reserves the right to adjust monthly fees, services, and the terms and conditions of this Agreement as of the date of any renewal of this Agreement. Provider will give Member notice of any such changes no less than 3 days prior to the date they are to become effective.
8. Default: If Member fails to pay any monthly installment by its due date, Provider may immediately suspend Plan services and products until Member reinstates the Plan by paying all monthly fees due. However, if any monthly installment is past due for 120 days or more, Provider may immediately cancel this Agreement and discontinue Plan services, declare all remaining monthly installments for the then-current Plan Year to be immediately due and payable, and refer Member’s account to a third-party collection agency. If Provider permits Member to restart a Plan after cancellation under this Section 8, a new membership fee will be required unless special arrangements are made between Member and Provider and agreed upon in advance.
9. Collection Costs: If Member fails to make any payment when due under this Agreement, Member shall pay Provider’s collection costs, whether or not a legal action is commenced. In the event of any legal proceeding, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover its costs, disbursements, and reasonable attorney’s fees, determined by the court.
10. Multiple Members, Joint and Several Liability: If two or more persons sign this agreement as Members, they will be jointly liable, and each of them will be separately liable for all amounts payable under this Agreement.